Sunday, February 8, 2009

Performance Night ~ The Excitment of It All

What a blast it was watching all those little ones on Performance Night. I'm sitting here smiling just thinking about it. I can tell you that my little guy spent more time on stage waving at me than singing, but it made my day. Hats off again for Sra. Rodriguiz for pulling the kids together in such a short amount of time. I know that there were more than a few kids who were nervous about the idea of getting on stage, but you couldn't tell by looking at them all. What a great group of kids we have!!!

Speaking of Sra. Rodriguiz, does anyone know if there is a Medal of Honor for teachers? The military awards the medal "for conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of life, above and beyond the call of duty," and I think with having to evacuate her home in the early morning hours before the first day of EAK, and than being caught up in a car accident on Performance Night, she qualifies. If there is such a medal for teachers, I'd like to nominate her.

Thankfully, no one involved with the accident was seriously hurt but what a scary event and it could have been very different. Past and present staff and families at the school have shared with me their fear and anxiety of the traffic on Winter Gardens. I'm confident that others may have worked to get a traffic signal put up in front of the school. If someone out there knows what the hurdles they've faced have been, and what steps can begin working together on, we can help make the school safer.

Don't forget to share your thoughts and stories.

"This one step -- choosing a goal and sticking to it -- changes everything."
Scott Reed
.

No comments: