Friday, February 13, 2009

Some Valentine's Love for Everyone

Photobucket

Here are a couple fun facts...
1. In the Middle Ages, both men and women drew names from a bowl to see who their valentines would be. They would wear the names on their sleeves for a week. Now, to wear your heart on your sleeve means others can easily see your feelings.

2. Lovers are often unaware that the XXX kisses on cards goes back to early Christianity. In the days when few people could sign their name, a X was a legally binding signature. To emphasize their commitment to an agreement, people would kiss the X, similar to kissing the bible after swearing on oath.

~ While I've got your attention... please forgive my typos and the flawed grammar that you will certainly find within this blog. I'm often trying to type fast and family life doesn't always give me the chance to proof like I should before I publish. Please don't let that keep you from being a part of this blog, posting your thoughts, and sharing it with others. Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day! ~ XXX

.


No comments: